DIY Home Improvement Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking to put up a street/area light on my property and need a little help choosing the right one for me. I have narrowed it down to two lights.

1- 150 watt pulse start Metal Halide light
2- 175 watt Mercury Vapor light

Of these two lights, which one would be brighter and light up more area? What are the pros and cons of both lights? From my research, they both seem to be close in performance but I want opinions from people who have worked with them. I will try and post a link to them both.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks to you all for the info. I did some research into the LED lights and I didn't realize they had as many styles as they do. I was originally told that I could only get the square shoe-box fixtures in LED. My bad for believing that and not checking it out. This is a light that will be going up beside a pond on my property so I need it to cover as much area as possible, in all directions. It will be on my dime and not the flat rate from the power company. The pole has been up for a couple of weeks and I just got the wire in the ground and covered up a few days ago. I saw a 70 watt LED Dusk-To-Dawn light that should really light the place up. I don't have any neighbors to complain if it's too bright and since it's on my meter, I can turn it off if I need to. Again, thanks for the info and getting me going in the right direction. Now that you know what I'm doing, any suggestions on a specific LED light? Trying to stay under $300.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.