DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I am currently trying to strip the paint off of my mothers old youngstown metal cabinets. I have read countless posts about how to do it and what to use but none of them answered my question. I am wondering if it would be safe to use a wire wheel brush on my angle grinder to take the paint off of the cabinets? I am not sure because I am afraid it might not be good for the metal. Please help!

·
Too Short? Cut it Again!
9,634 Posts
I would be afraid of scratching up the metal badly. Paint stripper should go fairly fast on metal or use an infrared stripper.

·
jschaben
588 Posts
Hi I am currently trying to strip the paint off of my mothers old youngstown metal cabinets. I have read countless posts about how to do it and what to use but none of them answered my question. I am wondering if it would be safe to use a wire wheel brush on my angle grinder to take the paint off of the cabinets? I am not sure because I am afraid it might not be good for the metal. Please help!
Wire brush on an angle grinder might be a bit agressive. You might look into one of theses guys:
http://www.heleta.com/abrasive-products/scuff-clean-discs-pads/45-3M-Scuff-Clean-Disc-p7559431.html

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts