DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Should have known better
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm asking for help in either purchasing a replacement or any suggestions to repair a door restraint. This is a rod that has a bent end and a threaded end, I snapped the threaded end trying to remove the nut. It came from a Lawson Model 5011 medicine cabinet I'm refurbishing. I'm not sure what it is called, sliding rod door restraint.

·
Registered
183 Posts
I'm asking for help in either purchasing a replacement or any suggestions to repair a door restraint. This is a rod that has a bent end and a threaded end, I snapped the threaded end trying to remove the nut. It came from a Lawson Model 5011 medicine cabinet I'm refurbishing. I'm not sure what it is called, sliding rod door restraint.
Could you post a picture what you have?

·
Should have known better
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Here is the picture of the rod that needs to be replaced it may be around 3/16 in diameter .

·
Registered
183 Posts
Do you know of a motorcycle shop in your area? That looks like a motorcycle spoke. Maybe you could take the bar in your picture to a motorcycle shop, they may have a spoke laying around, you could buy.

Roger

·
Should have known better
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I was looking at everything to use at a big box store today. Everything I come up with I most likely will have to create a thread for a nut. Thanks for the input.

·
Registered
183 Posts
I was looking at everything to use at a big box store today. Everything I come up with I most likely will have to create a thread for a nut. Thanks for the input.
Of course that would be the thing to do if you have the right tools. Good luck.

·
Registered
8,263 Posts
There are many different types of door restraints—are you looking to replace in kind, or is another type OK?

·
Should have known better
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I was looking to replace in kind but may need to use something else.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts