DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Maytag dryer LDG312 with a serial # 802642NP that won't heat. The igniter glows for about 15 seconds but the gas doesn't come on. I tested the igniter and the flame sensor with an ohms meter and they seemed ok. The problem was thought to be the solenoids and that I should try installing the spade solenoids instead of the wired-in solenoids that were in the unit by putting female spade terminals on the existing wires. I received the solenoid kit ERP FOR 279834-ERDE382. These solenoids have nipples on one end that do not fit into the existing housing that fits over the solenoids once the solenoids are on the post. And these new coils are about 1/4 in. taller than the old wired-in coils. I think that I'm going to have to order the "old style" solenoid coils(# 12001348) so they will fit the metal housing that keeps them in place. If the new style ( a 2 spade coil and a 3 spade coil) would have fit, I'm not sure what I would have done with the extra wire coming out of the old style (which has 3 coils with 2 wires each). There would have been 5 spaded but 6 wires. Just cap one of the wires off? What do you think my next step should be????

·
#1 HAWKEYE FAN
1,903 Posts
you can not use that type of solenoid with the gas valve you have. If the coils are all wired direct and not push on terminals it is the wrong kit.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts