DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If a cement additive calls for one pound per cubic yard, then how much is needed for a 60# bag?

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
If a cement additive calls for one pound per cubic yard, then how much is needed for a 60# bag?
How much crete does the 60# bag make?

Example:

If the 60# bag makes say 1/2 cubic yard crete then your ratio would be 1/2 lb(8 oz) of additive for 1/2 cubic yard of crete.

If the 60# bag makes say 3/8 cubic yard of crete then your ratio would be 3/8 lb(6 oz) of additive for 3/8 cubic yard of crete.

Appears to be a 1:1 ratio as long as you keep the units in pounds of additive per cubic yards of crete. Pretty simple

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
whatever you do don't let hammerlane do it.

What??? Based on the poster's original statement of a cement additive that calls for one pound of additive per one cubic yard of crete if you get something different from what I have you best check your abacus.

0.45 cubic feet is 1/60 of a cubic yard.

So you need 1/60 of a lb of additive for 1/60 of a cubic yard of crete.

1/60 of a lb is about 1/4 oz

Whats wrong with the math?

·
Residential Designer
1,483 Posts
What??? Based on the poster's original statement of a cement additive that calls for one pound of additive per one cubic yard of crete if you get something different from what I have you best check your abacus.

0.45 cubic feet is 1/60 of a cubic yard.

So you need 1/60 of a lb of additive for 1/60 of a cubic yard of crete.

1/60 of a lb is about 1/4 oz

Whats wrong with the math?
This is much easier to follow that the previous post.
Of course a 60# bag of crete will never equal 1/2 yard of crete. I understand the ratio you are trying to convey, it was just weird stating it that way.

Andy.

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
I understand the ratio you are trying to convey, it was just weird stating it that way.
Appears to be a 1:1 ratio as long as you keep the units in pounds of additive per cubic yards of crete. Pretty simple.

Don't know how this is a weird way of stating it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts