DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have completed my very first Swamp Cooler install and so far so good. However, I have a Mastercool single inlet Swamp Cooler Model ADA71. It is a roof mount/down draft styel cooler. Right under the Blower there is a peice called the "cut-off plate" which you can find in the Parts list here http://www.essickair.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/pc_ADA51-7112.pdf
It is part number 12. Anyways, I don't know what it's for. It's kinda like a big flap, except it doesn't really close, it just dangles there. It seems to have holes for screw where I can screw it to the top but then that reduces the size of the opening the air will flow through as it will block off a portion of the opening. If I leave it there it just kinda dangles there in the middle. I'm hoping someone who is knowledgeable with the install of these types of coolers can help me out. Thanks.

·
Registered
567 Posts
That plate you are refering to needs to be left in there, it helps direct the air out of the blower housing.
It shouldnt flap around unless Champion left the screws out, which wouldnt surprise me.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts