DIY Home Improvement Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a full slate of 30 full size breakers in my 42 circuit QO Square D panel. I want to convert some to tandem breakers so I can add 4 new circuits from a remodeled bathroom. Do I have the same number of amperage/breaker values on each bus?

·
Super Moderator
23,534 Posts
Not important in a residential setting. The value of the breaker means nothing. It is the load that is connected. So unless you have some permanent heavy loads like heaters that might be running together don't be concerned.

·
Super Moderator
16,900 Posts
If you only have 30 full size breakers in a panel that will hold 40 there should be no need for tandems.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Been gone for a little while. Attached are some shots of what I've got. Any ideas on how I can add 4 new circuits? If removing a couple full size breakers and adding tandem breakers will work on this panel, let me know.

·
Licensed Pro
1,571 Posts
You can run tandems in the bottom 5 spaces (each side) to gain 10 more circuits. You need to move the lower 240V breaker on the left side to maximize the spaces for tandems.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.