DIY Home Improvement Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I am looking at putting LVP in my basement but there is one area that I am unsure about. There is a span of about 4ft that the cinder block foundation is raised from the concrete slab. (Pictures attached). The slab is pretty level and it's just the span that has the problem.

I don't want to use shoe moulding or quarter round mainly because of aesthetic preference.

Could I just chisel this area to make it even with the slab? Probably a very simple solution i am overthinking.

Love the forum and learned lots.

Attachments

·
Registered
233 Posts
It’ll be dirtier, but I’d shave it off with a concrete grinding wheel on a grinder. Cinder block is kinda brittle. I’d hate to have a chunk snap off below the concrete level. Shaving it should be less stressful on the cinder block. I’d also see about filling in the holes.
Circle Rim Auto part Metal Fashion accessory

·
retired framer
63,501 Posts
I would use a diamond blade in an angle grinder and cut straight down flush with the wall about 1/2" deep.
Then i would use a rotary hammer with a chisel to knock it down lower than the floor, and then use cement product to fill it up level.

·
Naildriver
18,667 Posts
According to your level, you may be able to use SLC on the floor to even it out with the cmu. Fill the holes in the cmu and smooth it all out.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts