DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I live in coastal South Carolina where it tends to be very warm and humid in the summer, and temperate in the winter. Summer temps range from 70-95 degrees, winter temps from 30- 70 degrees. I have a screened in porch that is about 140 sf. with a wood floor. The floor is of level and solid construction but the boards are simply butted together very closely, not tongue and groove. We have painted the floor in the past and it is ok, but scuffs quickly and does not look very appealing. I am looking for a solution and have been told that an interlocking, floating LVT would work. Any thoughts or recommendations? I would prefer a slate/stone look to planking, any thoughts on square tiles versus planking? An additional problem is that while they typically fill crawl spaces with sand and cap them with concrete (which was done on the house portion of the crawl space) they left the area under the porch open, which causes it to gather moisture. This means I would also need to cut a entry through the floor for termite inspection or add vents to the brick crawl space walls for their access. Any thoughts on this?

·
A "Handy Husband"
11,809 Posts
Look at Core Tec Plus LVT, it comes in tile patterns. About $4 a sq. ft.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts