DIY Home Improvement Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A couple of weeks ago, I contacted a local plumber in town because we had an awful sewer smell coming up through our drain in our kitchen. He recommended extending our vent pipe that vents through our roof. With his recommendation, I bought 2 feet of 3" PVC piping and a coupling to add to the existing vent pipe. I also slid a insulation sleeve over the top of the new pipe. Well this cured the smell. My wife is happy. :)

Now I have a new issue. Since we extended our vent pipe outside, our water pressure has decreased. Our showers still work, but the water pressure is much lower. It takes a long time for the water to fill in the toilet after you flush it. When using the kitchen sink, we have good water pressure for a little while, but then fades.

Could the extended vent pipe cause us to have low water pressure now? If so, should I cut it shorter or take it off entirely? I could try removing it first to see if that helps the issue. I am at a loss here. Please help.

·
Registered
37,477 Posts
Two completely different issues.
(Why would you insulate a pipe that only has sewer gas in it?)
Are you on city or well water?
Got a water filter or water softener?
Is it both hot and cold water?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.