21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #21

·
Registered
2,141 Posts
Just found this thread as I am currently researching undercabinet lighting. Crashless, the fixture appears to be throwing the bulk of it's light at the tile backsplash. Is that just the angle of the picture? I had envisioned something that would direct light straight down onto the countertop.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
I think what you're seeing is an illusion created by the very dark soapstone counter top. The lights create cone of light straight down, like a canned light. The white tile simply reflects much more light than the counters, so they look much brighter in that photo.

They definitely provide enough task lighting to work efficiently below them on the counter with no other lights on in the kitchen. That said, you obviously would want to use these as only part of an overall lighting scheme, and not as the main lighting in the room.

·
Registered
2,141 Posts
That makes sense. I am currently looking to at least wire for undercabinet lights since I am getting new cabinets. I figure I can buy the lights at my leisure and am definately leaning towards line voltage lights.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts