DIY Home Improvement Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi,

I’m trying to figure out why the water flow in my kitchen faucet is so low. It started suddenly about a week ago and has gotten worse since then. All of the other faucets in the house work fine. I tried cleaning out the aerator and flushing the cartridge, but that had no effect. The issue occurs with hot and cold water. I did notice that some water still comes in on the cold side even when the faucet shut off valve is engaged. This is a single handle faucet. Any other ideas to try? Or do I need to replace the whole faucet or call a pro? Thank you in advance.

·
Super Moderator
7,796 Posts
I agree with you, still possible sediment in cartridge or cartridge is failing.

Have you shut off the supply and taken off the supply lines from faucet (both hot&cold) hold in bucket one at a time turn supply on and verify good water pressure present? If good pressure, problem is faucet itself or cartridge.

What brand of faucet and how old is it? If its a name brand like moen, delta etc. they have lifetime warantees and possibly send you parts you need at no charge.

·
Registered
5,644 Posts
Start by looking at the aerator. Is it dirty? then clean it.
Then you can disconnect the water supply connectors from the angle stops to the faucet:
Shut the water, disconnect them, aim them into a bucket and turn the angle stops to see if you get any good flow.

·
Registered
916 Posts
Take out the divertor valve. Try cleaning and a drop of cooking oil on it. But best to replace. That part is cheap and easy.

Have had a few cases where I spent a lot of time looking for another cause. Since this is not common. And that was definitely the problem with low pressure. Just a bad divertor valve. But sprayer still worked fine.

So areator, Cartridge or divertor valve. If a decent faucet no need to replace. Just the parts.

You dont say the brand but most are like this one.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you all for the advice. This faucet was here when we moved in, and I cannot find the brand anywhere.

I tried the suggestion of disconnecting the supply lines. The water coming out there seemed fine and high pressure.

I did not see anything that looked like a diverter, but thank you for the information.

So it seems I need a new cartridge? Or there’s sediment or something in the pullout attachment. I’ve attached a picture of the cartridge, just to make sure I’m not talking about the wrong part.

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.