DIY Home Improvement Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have low pressure in kitchen and master bathroom shower faucets for hot water. All other faucets have excellent pressure for hot. Any ideas what could be causing this and how to correct?

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
Have you had any work done on the plumbing recently? Do these lines share the same feed? Is there a there a shutoff valve, or valves, for these lines that may only be partially open?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No shut off for these two only.
Would the pressure only be affected on hot water if tuberculation was the culprit?
Cold water has excellent pressure on both faucets.

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
I had to look up 'tuberculation':huh: and basically is means build up on the inside of the pipes, from what I can tell.

It could be tuberculation but the only way I believe you could tell for sure if it is tuberculation is to cut the pipe open and look. It would be a real PITA though.

What type of piping do you have?

Tks w-man, I have a new favorite word to sling around.

·
Premium Member
11,968 Posts
I had to look up 'tuberculation':huh: and basically is means build up on the inside of the pipes, from what I can tell.

It could be tuberculation but the only way I believe you could tell for sure if it is tuberculation is to cut the pipe open and look. It would be a real PITA though.

What type of piping do you have?

Tks w-man, I have a new favorite word to sling around.
Wow, over 20 yrs in the trade- never heard that word. Sounds cancerous :eek:
I think I'll try it out on a homeowner. Might increase sales :thumbup:

·
Registered
164 Posts
In my home every plumbing fixture is attached to a network of galvanized pipe.

This network exists outside of the entry point into the wall.

Each component of this network must not exceed 3" in length.

I have remove pieces and found light unable to pass through them ( note 3" max length )

Anyway at work we refer to this as tuberculation.

I have seen a 24" reduced to less than 1" in a year's time.

·
Premium Member
11,968 Posts
What do y'all call it?
I call it a plugged water pipe and it smells like money to a plumber:thumbsup:
Seriously though, I have 50 yr old galv. in my house(incl the house supply). They are pretty clear.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The pipes are copper. shower head in the master had residue on it when we moved in. I replaceda year ago and have no noticable buildup.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts