DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,418 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have my washer/dryer units that are located inside a closet outside in the car port.

Due to the depth of the closet there is not much room behind the dryer, to the point the dryer is pushed back in such a way the flex coiled duct is deformed/crushed to half it's original diameter.

Is there any special dryer vent fittings that allow for low clearance connections?

I found this online:

In my case, I don't want the outlet to be on "the other side". I understand this is done to offset the vent, but in my case the dryer is inside an outside closet, the wall the dryer is pushed against is an exterior wall, the other side is my kitchen. I want the outlet to be on the same side as the inlet.

·
Registered
2,418 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
a short straight dryer vent and your clothes dry much faster
Correct. But in my case, my dryer's vent opening faces an exterior wall, the other side of that wall is the INTERIOR of the house. I can't vent inside.

The dryer is in an outside closet, under a covered carport.

·
Registered
2,418 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
And you can't just elbow it out the side?:wink:
No, not with the low clearance behind the dryer, there is not enough space for an elbow.

So I need something that is really low profile to connect to the back where the dryer outlet is, then it it beyond the space behind the zone that is behind the dryer, once it's outside of that I can connect a vent to it and run it wherever.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts