DIY Home Improvement Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good day everyone!
I do t know what to do. Does anyone have these fake stone panels on their house? Personally I’d like to rip them off but money is an issue right now. I was thinking of somehow screwing its down and running cement around the edges. I don’t think there is nothing behind it. I don’t even think there is insulation behind it or it got wet and sank to the bottom of the wall.
Any comments on what you would do? Thanks so much!
Plant Building Window Property Door
Tire Automotive tire Wood Tread Grey

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
How many are lose?
The two on both sides of the porch. I’m going through problems with contractors and an program loan, not grant from the City. I had two contractors from the City but neither had protected my roof last January when replacing my roof. I have posted before because it’s an on going mess up. Anyway I don’t know if they are damaged from my roof that was soaking wet from neither contractors properly covered my roof during down pours. Long story. I had to remove my insulation in my attic and they replaced it without letting it get completely dry. Water was coming down the inside of my walls and even shorted out a couple light sockets. The rooms behind both of them I had to remove the sheet rock that was soaked and moldy smelling above the windows. I’m not sure what is behind the rock - afraid to find out. I can only imagine I am going to find only sheetrock from the inside wall.

·
retired framer
52,062 Posts
The two on both sides of the porch. I’m going through problems with contractors and an program loan, not grant from the City. I had two contractors from the City but neither had protected my roof last January when replacing my roof. I have posted before because it’s an on going mess up. Anyway I don’t know if they are damaged from my roof that was soaking wet from neither contractors properly covered my roof during down pours. Long story. I had to remove my insulation in my attic and they replaced it without letting it get completely dry. Water was coming down the inside of my walls and even shorted out a couple light sockets. The rooms behind both of them I had to remove the sheet rock that was soaked and moldy smelling above the windows. I’m not sure what is behind the rock - afraid to find out. I can only imagine I am going to find only sheetrock from the inside wall.
If it is off the wall you could probably stick it on with a glue or mortar.
If you just put a screw in it I would pre drill it it first and may countersink the hole so you could hide the screw with something.

·
Registered
2,107 Posts
y. Water was coming down the inside of my walls and even shorted out a couple light sockets. The rooms behind both of them I had to remove the sheet rock that was soaked and moldy smelling above the windows. I’m not sure what is behind the rock - afraid to find out. I can only imagine I am going to find only sheetrock from the inside wall.
Its a safe bet your walls are filled with mold and rot. The only question is do you fix it from inside or outside or both.

·
Naildriver
14,418 Posts
Long story.
For those who need a refresher...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts