DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi gang.

I have an old Delta shower control (see pic) and was wondering if there was a relatively easy way to convert it to a thermostatic temperature control. Anyone know if there is any type of drop-in faucet available? I don't want to have to remodel the bathroom just to make this change.

Thanks!

Murph

Attachments

·
Exterior Construction
27,207 Posts
Best bet would be to call delta with the model number on your current unit and see what they say.

I wouldn't hold out too much hope as the cartridge units are totally specific to the body/housing and unless you want to open up the wall and install a new body, I think you are out of luck.

Start with Delta and see if they have any input.

·
Registered
5,975 Posts
What is on the back side of this shower wall?
I've seen valve bodies replaced from the rear. Less damage to repair and often in a closet so the repair is not as critical.

·
Registered
5,853 Posts
Do you have access to the valve through the back wall? Most newer name brand tub shower valves are ASSE 1016 compliant.

thermostatic or combination balanced-pressure/thermostatic valves that conform to the requirements of ASSE 1016 or ASME A112.18.1/CSA B 125.1 and shall be installed at the point of use. Shower and tub-shower combination valves required by this section shall be equipped with a means to limit the maximum setting of the valve to 120°F (49°C), which shall be field adjusted in accordance with the manufacturer's instructions.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts