DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I am looking for laminate or formica strips to enclose around a 2x4 that is 24 inches long. I would like to get bright white so it matches the sink. I have looked at the home repair stores and on line but cannot find anything. Can any one reccommend some place for me ? I am in the SF bay area or somewhere on line would work also.

Thanks for your help, Rich

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry, I do not have pics. The 2x4 will go along the wall and rest up against the new sink / counter top. I had to move the top over 2 inches to line up with the pipes so the 2x4 will fill in that gap. I hope that makes sence and thanks for the reply.

Rich

·
6,520 Posts
Formica and similar laminates are sold in 4x8 sheets at most home centers and can be special-ordered through decorators and such. A 4x8 white sheet is probably about $50'ish.

For small cutoffs like you need, you might want to try calling a countertop maker in your area to see if they'd give or sell you their cutoffs.

·
Registered
226 Posts
I wish i could see it or see a drawing of some sort. This souns like there is a possibility of doing an endsplash with some mouldings but I am having a hard time envisioning what is going on. You know what is there so if laminate willl work and you are happy with that go for it.

Take care and good luck!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts