DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Handyman
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've done the laminate floor thing a few times now, but with the 4' x 8" strips. Easiest and fastest thing that I've had to do in the finish carpentry area. Now I am working on a small (96" x 99") storage room with 16" Quick Step tiles. What a pain! They won't join like (I think) they should. Now I am on the last run before the ripped strip at the end, and space is of the essence. I have no room to swing a hammer to convince it to click in, nor is it close enough to the wall to use a flat bar and wedge it in. Do any of you professional guys have some tips or tricks that I could try to help? I work part time at the Ace hardware in my town, so if I need to go buy the right tool then I will. Please help!

Thanks,
Kenny
:wallbash:

·
Registered
3,118 Posts
1. Follow the manufacturers recommendations. And use their tools, such as hammering blocks.

Flatirons are a necessity when you are close to a wall, etc.

·
Registered
1,857 Posts
hard wood tools/ rentals make a ratchet device for last runs at wall, works great

·
Handyman
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks folks!

Thanks for the ideas guys... I'm interested to find this ratcheting mechanism. The tiles aren't the most cooperative to hammer in (which I had to do on the last two runs). In central Oregon I might have to just settle for a pull bar. I'll let you all know who wins this fight!

Thanks,
Kenny

1 - 4 of 4 Posts