DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for replacement gas furnace one of my rental units. The unit currently has an old Fedders 80% and looking to replace with same. Both big box stores are selling Mr cool furnaces. Obviously a lower end furnace but has anyone had experiance with them? I'm looking for a simple furnace that parts availibility locally wont be a problem. I know cheaper furnaces wont last as long but looking to move this property in the next 10 years. Thanks.:001_unsure::001_unsure:

·
Super Moderator
39,290 Posts
Never heard of them making a furnace. But not surprised that they do.

Might want to find out if you can also gets parts from the place that is selling it to you.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Never heard of them making a furnace. But not surprised that they do.

Might want to find out if you can also gets parts from the place that is selling it to you.
Home depot so probably don't stock parts? I know they are known for their mini splits. any one have any sugestions on a decent budget minded unit?

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
I had to replace a furnace for a Lennox (also 80%).
I found a Goodman online, that fit the dimensions of the coil base, got it in a few days and installed it in one day.
That's what you need, a furnace that will fit with the least amount of modifications.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts