DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I have a Honeywell TL7235A1003 thermostat for supplemental baseboard heat in my house. I've been using it for a month now with no problems. It has been below 0 degrees outside and the thermostat and baseboard have no problem. Because it has been so cold in Connecticut this year, I've been using the baseboard more than the whole house heat. Last night the thermostat looked like it tripped. It did not trip at the breaker...the thermostat was off and I even I turned it off and on, it would not come on. I turned the breaker off and then on and then turned the thermostat on and it works and shows the room's temperature. As soon as i turn up the setting and the heat tries to go on, the thermostat goes dead again.

It seems weird because it has been working perfectly fine for a month and now this.

There are no obstructions in front of the baseboard heaters and the heaters are clean.

Any advice?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Is there a different forum or category I should post this in? I'd really love someone'sadvice.

Thanks!

·
Registered
157 Posts
Sounds like you may have a bad connection downstream of your thermostat somwhere. I would check the connections in your BB heater. TURN THE BREAKER OFF FIRST.

·
Registered
9,036 Posts
Line voltage thermostats can wear out.

Loose connections anywhere will heat up and become fire hazards. You would want to check the voltage when the heater is trying to come on. An odd voltage (not the full 110 or 220) is a good sign of a loose connection somewhere.

·
I=E/R
2,052 Posts
It looks like this is a wall mounted thermostat. How many baseboard units does this control? Is it wired for 240V operation? Is this on a individual circuit?
If it is an individual circuit 240 volt circuit, check the connections at the breaker and in the junction box that the unit is mounted to. Be sure to turn off power while doing this. Do you have a volt meter?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts