DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Attached is a rendering of our first floor kitchen and half bath, with our second floor fixtures drawn on in orange (toilet, sink, tub/shower) and an access panel and the tub supply line direction in green (panel on landing of stairs, supply lines seem to be originating from exterior wall at top of photo on opposite end of tub from the faucet). This house was built in 1952, I’m wondering if anyone can suggest where on the second floor the tub and sink/toilet supply lines are routed? There is only one supply from the basement up to these two bathrooms (directly below the first floor half bath sink), so they must come together somehow. I realize there’s no knowing for sure without pulling up the floor or breaking into the walls, but I’m curious to know what kind of layout is most likely, if any. I thought maybe they would avoid an exterior wall, but that leaves only running them under the second floor full bath floor?

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Top and right walls are exterior. Midwest where it gets cold. Here’s a photo of where the hot and cold go from the tub fixture (pardon the cobwebs):

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I actually found some additional pipes in the upstairs bathroom that appear to come up from the first floor to feed the sink and toilet, but there’s only kitchen ceiling below their location. I’m wondering if the pipes continue up the wall from the half bath, possibly go into the kitchen soffit or just continue up to the second floor bathroom, and they ran them through all the joists to be left over to the sink and to the right over to the tub. The soffit is still about 3 to 4 feet from the second floor bathroom wall where those pipes are

Looking down into wall, top pipe is hot that appears to come up into this wall cavity and then over to the left to the sink hot side, bottom pipe feeds sink (expansion coming the wall) and goes over to the right to feed the toilet. I can’t figure out where they’re coming from exactly, though.

·
Registered
7,273 Posts
Looks like your ceiling was patched before.

Why don't you get an inspection camera and drill some 1/4" holes (or whatever size will let you stick the camera through the hole)? Small holes are easily patched.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts