1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
37,181 Posts
Is this something that's only going to be a quick fix and temperary?
If not then that's not the way to go.
A picture of the area your working on would be a much bigger help.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The Xs indicate the area that needs to be lit. I was thinking of placing the tripod at the corner of the part of the house visible in the drawing.

It would be a permanent installation.

Attachments

·
Registered
37,181 Posts
You would be far better off with a simple lamp post set where the sidewalk makes the turn with a senor on it.
Low voltage or solor lights set up along the walkway.
Or a set of spot lights installed up in the gable on the wall of the house.
I know you said you did not have the tools or know how to do something like these suggestions but the way your suggesting is just plan ugly. plus having to run an extention cord across the yard to run it, then have to come up with a way to switch it on and off just makes no since to me.

·
Registered
3,630 Posts
solar foot light along the foot path as you walk to the front door on the right side light the walkway or a 115V/24V light post just below the E in bushes will paint the front and the walk way with a 60w energy bulb...might try the path lights then add going all solar so no switching wires are involved....HD/LOWES has loads of solar lights..maybe a solar near the front door forget the tripod keep the lighting soft

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You would be far better off with a simple lamp post set where the sidewalk makes the turn with a senor on it.
Low voltage or solor lights set up along the walkway.
Or a set of spot lights installed up in the gable on the wall of the house.
I know you said you did not have the tools or know how to do something like these suggestions but the way your suggesting is just plan ugly. plus having to run an extention cord across the yard to run it, then have to come up with a way to switch it on and off just makes no since to me.
What if there is heavy wind/snow? A post seems less sturdy than a tripod. I don't mind stretching a cable to an electric power source. My main problem is reliable mounting so it doesn't fall down in unfavorable outdoor conditions.

·
Registered
37,181 Posts
The post gets set in concrete, it's not going anywhere unless someone backs into it with a car.
Just look around your area. There millions of homes with lamp post.
Just a guess, is this your first house?

·
Banned
4,226 Posts
I've got a solar post buried in just soil.. Its not going anywhere. In your case I'd mount a solar motion detector on the corner of the house

Here is a picture of the buried lamp post

1 - 10 of 10 Posts