DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently removed a wall going from my living room to dining room. In the process I had to move a light switch. The original wiring wasn't long enough so i put a junction box in and spliced wires onto it. The light switch is now tripping the breaker when its flipped and I can't find the problem. The power source is 12 2 and the wiring going from the fixture to the switch is 12 3. Looking for any suggestions as to where to look. Thanks

·
Licensed electrician
13,501 Posts
It might help to know what connections you made and what the original connections were.

·
UAW SKILLED TRADES
5,341 Posts
I recently removed a wall going from my living room to dining room. In the process I had to move a light switch. The original wiring wasn't long enough so i put a junction box in and spliced wires onto it. The light switch is now tripping the breaker when its flipped and I can't find the problem. The power source is 12 2 and the wiring going from the fixture to the switch is 12 3. Looking for any suggestions as to where to look. Thanks
So what wires are on the switch and what wires are connected in the junction box?

·
Registered
88 Posts
kremic30 said:
In reference to the 12/3 are there any other switches besides the one you moved that control the fixture?

·
Super Moderator
8,919 Posts
Duct tape!

It hold anything!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts