DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a fan/light in the master bedroom and wanted to connect it to zwave. I have used the dual relay module here.

http://enerwaveautomation.com/wp-con...8160044-01.pdf

Manual and zwave commands all work to turn the fan and light on/off separately. My issue is when turning the fan OFF, the light flickers for an instant and you can hear the relay studder.

Old Wiring:

Dual gang box in wall with 2 switches. Bottom leads on switches are hot. Top leads both come from same pair, 1 red 1 black (wires with twists). Neutral all together.

New Wiring:

Bottom leads of switches to hot. Top leads to AUX on the relay. Relay loads to load wires (red and black with the twist). Instead of adding a new wire for the relay hot, I simply connected it to the bottom of the light switch (hot) on the screw (may be my problem)...however I dont see how this would be different than running another wire to hot.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
I have a fan/light in the master bedroom and wanted to connect it to zwave. I have used the dual relay module here.

http://enerwaveautomation.com/wp-con...8160044-01.pdf

Manual and zwave commands all work to turn the fan and light on/off separately. My issue is when turning the fan OFF, the light flickers for an instant and you can hear the relay studder.

Old Wiring:

Dual gang box in wall with 2 switches. Bottom leads on switches are hot. Top leads both come from same pair, 1 red 1 black (wires with twists). Neutral all together.

New Wiring:

Bottom leads of switches to hot. Top leads to AUX on the relay. Relay loads to load wires (red and black with the twist). Instead of adding a new wire for the relay hot, I simply connected it to the bottom of the light switch (hot) on the screw (may be my problem)...however I dont see how this would be different than running another wire to hot.

What kind of light bulb is it? LED? Compact fluorescent? Incandescent or halogen?

That link did not work for me.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts