DIY Home Improvement Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
so this is weird.. my toilet handle broke today and i replaced it.. when i replaced it i noticed that the water all over the house was light brown.. so i started running the water in a baby tub and i see that the water is light brown and is producing sediment. Im not sure whats going on.. i installed a new well water tank about a year ago and the water is coming out light brown with sediment all of a sudden.. could this be an issue further down through the well water pump? im trying to see if neighbors are also experiencing this issue but in the meantime was wondering what could be wrong?

any ideas would be great. thank you

·
Super Moderator
7,916 Posts
Hello,
so this is weird.. my toilet handle broke today and i replaced it.. when i replaced it i noticed that the water all over the house was light brown.. so i started running the water in a baby tub and i see that the water is light brown and is producing sediment. Im not sure whats going on.. i installed a new well water tank about a year ago and the water is coming out light brown with sediment all of a sudden.. could this be an issue further down through the well water pump? im trying to see if neighbors are also experiencing this issue but in the meantime was wondering what could be wrong?

any ideas would be great. thank you
Did you turn off any plumbing fixtures and then turn them back on by chance?

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
For peace of mind I would have the water tested, if that comes out ok, more filtering would be in order.
Hopefully it's a deep well and not one of those old shallow ones.

Reactions: 2Dumb2Fix

·
Usually Confused
9,388 Posts
If you turned off the water to do your repair, it could just be sediment and iron dislodged from the inside of the pipes. It is unclear if this is a brand new issue or has been apparent since you changed the pressure tank. A whole house filter isn't expensive. Not a bad idea to check with the neighbours - you are probably all on the same aquifer. A test kit that tests for minerals isn't all that expensive.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts