DIY Home Improvement Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We moved in to our house a few years ago, it has many gadgets and some that didn't work well. One gadget is a Lifebreath RNC20.

Does this model need to be installed with the furnace ducting?

Mine isn't, the Stale Air from inside is coming from the basement bathroom and ground floor ceiling vents. The Fresh Air to inside is blown to the basement.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks Doc, i found this earlier too and noticed that i have the Fully Dedicated Installation. I don't understand why the previous owner selected that installation...i think the kitchen should've had a vent and also send the fresh air to the ground floor living area.

·
I'm Your Huckleberry
5,884 Posts
You're welcome. I can't say I know anything about those so I thought I'd just toss the manual your way and let you figure it out. :)

·
Registered
1 Posts
thanks Doc, i found this earlier too and noticed that i have the Fully Dedicated Installation. I don't understand why the previous owner selected that installation...i think the kitchen should've had a vent and also send the fresh air to the ground floor living area.
A fully dedicated installation is preferred for an HRV like the RNC20. It's the most work but the most flexible. Hooking the HRV to the heating/cooling ducts means that you "generally" need to operate the furnace blower when ventilating thus consuming much more power and moving far more air than necessary. A fully dedicated installation keeps ventilation separate from cooling and heating. Ventilation usually require much lower air volumes.

Having said that it sounds like your installation doesn't following the recommendation of exhausting the air from kitchen and providing fresh air to all living areas. You can have those added.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
A fully dedicated installation is preferred for an HRV like the RNC20. It's the most work but the most flexible. Hooking the HRV to the heating/cooling ducts means that you "generally" need to operate the furnace blower when ventilating thus consuming much more power and moving far more air than necessary. A fully dedicated installation keeps ventilation separate from cooling and heating. Ventilation usually require much lower air volumes.

Having said that it sounds like your installation doesn't following the recommendation of exhausting the air from kitchen and providing fresh air to all living areas. You can have those added.

Like i said, the air is being blown into the basement only.

Should it be going to the ground floor level also? If so, i could easily connect a "y" onto the duct of the Air Cleaner that we don't use. The vent is in the living room on the main floor.

Same for the TFP3000 Air Cleaner from Lifebreath that is always idle, it takes air from the living room main floor and filter's it then blows it to the basement. I wonder if that is the recommended pattern?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts