DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This fridge won't stay level because 1 of the wheels folds up under while the other one stays down.

When I prop it up level, I can make the left wheel fold up by pressing this screw. (The picture with my hand in it). On the other side, the screw is permanently in.

I can't turn either screw with a screwdriver.

Attachments

·
Registered
948 Posts
What I would try:

In your second pic (with wrench), prop up corner underneath black part. I use a crowbar with a shim shingle to protect floor. With weight of fridge taken off, reach under fridge and turn leg (a large headed upsidedown screw really) clockwise to extend it, make it longer. Same on other side.
Front to back may not be adjustable.

The wheels may be touching floor (as designed) for moving fridge. Once legs are lowered, wheels will not be touching floor and fridge can't easily be moved.

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What I would try:

In your second pic (with wrench), prop up corner underneath black part. I use a crowbar with a shim shingle to protect floor. With weight of fridge taken off, reach under fridge and turn leg (a large headed upsidedown screw really) clockwise to extend it, make it longer. Same on other side.
Front to back may not be adjustable.

The wheels may be touching floor (as designed) for moving fridge. Once legs are lowered, wheels will not be touching floor and fridge can't easily be moved.
I don't see any legs. Do you?

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
I called the store I got in from. He said it has to do with this adjustment screw. Currently, it won't hold weight and it folds underneath the fridge when weight is on it. I can't get it to turn. This is what he said would fix the problem. Best he could suggest was WD40 but it still won't turn. Plus, I don't even know which way I'm supposed to turn it.

Also, if I have to take weight off. I'm worried about supporting it like this with the 2x4 because it might distort the frame.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I think you have to use a wrench to turn it to the right to raise the fridge. The screw driver would only work if you lift the fridge first, and it could be stuck at the end of the tread like if some one torqued it.

I've already tried lifting it to try to unscrew. I can't get enough room underneath to get a socket wrench. I think my only option is to lay it flat or tilt it and try with the wrench.

Any suggestions how to do this by myself? It was easy to unload on my own because it was coming out of a truck.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts