DIY Home Improvement Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello.. Been having problems with the HVAC this year. Low on freon and now that its working again, water is leaking into the furnace due to a rusted out evap drain pan. I did bite the bullet and had a couple of quotes to replace the existing gas furnace/ac with a new system. One quote is for a Rheem and the other is for a Lennox. I always thought Lennox was a Caddilac brand but I've seen a trend of comments on the internet that make me think twice. I so much value the opinions on this site that I will pose the question here. Is there any reason I should not choose the Lennox system once I get fed up with trying to fix this clunker that is in here now? Thanks

·
Banned
17,158 Posts
As stated in other threads, a system is only as good as the person that installs it. Name does not mean anything if the system is never maintained properly, or installed properly in the beginning.

·
Hvac Pro
23,688 Posts
Most of the major brands, Lennox, Carrier, Trane have 3-4 different quality levels. Complaints are usually due to a poor install, not setup properly by the installer or budget line units. The Elite and Signature line of Lennox is like the Buick or Cadillac. You get what you pay for. Even a basic unit like a Ducane if setup properly can work very well albeit a bit louder and with a few less bells and whistles. Most problems are from poor installs and improper setup and maintenance later on.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts