DIY Home Improvement Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Please see the photos. The entrance orifices of my heat exchanger (5 orafices) have what appears to be a fire retardant fabric. My best guess is that this is some kind of flame diffuser. What is this white fabric and what is it called. Better yet do you have a part number for the fabric inserts? The fabric in my unit here has deteriorrated and I want to replace it. Thank you.

Attachments

·
Registered
904 Posts
My guess is that they are Low NOx inserts. If you look closer I think you will see that the "fabric" is protecting the end of the insert (metal screen). Don't know the part number. If you're not in California or location that requires them for emission control you may be able to remove them. Best to check with a Lennox dealer before doing that.

·
Registered
15,604 Posts
I would just get rid of them - california government bs.

on another forum people were saying that they reduce the efficiency and btu output by cooling the flame and carbon monoxide can actually be increased.

reduce nox at the expense of increasing co emissions and fuel consumption - sounds like a great plan, courtesy of the idiots who legislated putting cancer warnings on coffee.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.