DIY Home Improvement Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, i just installed two new Lennox package units and im having the same problem with both, the blower motors keep heating up and shutting down.

Called the manuf. and they sent me two new motors, changed them both and still have the same problem. motors amps rating is 8.3 to 8.8 and im getting a reading of 28 to 31 amps on one unit. The other unit is getting 12 to 13 amps which is letting it run a bit longer, but either way its not right.

Can anyone please help me with this problem?? its hard to believe that 4 new motors are bad, so i think i have a different problem.

Units are connected to correct size wiring with correct size disconnects and fuses, rotation of the fan is correct, compressors working fine. belt on unit is perfect, I also tried making the belt a bit loose to check the amperage and the more loosened the more the amps dropped but it came to a point where the belt was no longer doing anything and i had 18 amps

thanks.

·
Banned
5,990 Posts
What voltage and what freq. goes into the motors?
While the motors still work, measure the DC coil resistances and compare with the manuf's spec's. With 18A no load this motor may already be whacked.
Do the motor shafts spin freely?

·
Hvac Pro
23,688 Posts
Do you have correct voltage to the motors? Is the ductwork open and airflow proper? No fire damper in ductwork closed/blockage causing no airflow? Lennox has a 1-800 tech support #.

·
HVAC / Plumbing
1,801 Posts
Do you have correct voltage to the motors? Is the ductwork open and airflow proper? No fire damper in ductwork closed/blockage causing no airflow? Lennox has a 1-800 tech support #.

My thoughts also... return/supply air flow

1 - 4 of 4 Posts