DIY Home Improvement Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
What is the difference between the Lennox CBX27UH-060 Vx CBX26UH-060? This will be paired with a XC13 or XC14 condenser..5 ton system
thanks
d

·
Administrator
41,870 Posts
Looks like a question for yuri.

·
Hvac Pro
23,688 Posts
If it is a V model that means variable speed energy efficient ECM motor in your airhandler. Will also bring the SEER rating of the AC up by 1 so your 14 SEER condensor becomes 15. You should talk to your salesman. There are 4-5 different versions of their airhandlers. Some have a 4 speed ECM energy efficient non variable speed motor and some more expensive units with variable speed ECM energy efficient motor which is a great feature as in maintains constant and better airflow as the filter plugs up and helps compensate for ductwork problems. I don't know all the model #s and features off hand as we don't sell many of them but I looked them up on DaveNET 4U.

·
Hvac Pro
23,688 Posts
Read my updated reply above yours. VERY nice pair of units and Lennox makes great airhandlers and we sell over 90% of our units being in the XC series. The 14 SEER is so quiet you can have a conversation with 2 people beside it and not have to raise your voice. The 13 slightly. Other cheaper units you have to shout.:)

When you get to a large 5 ton unit 1-2 SEER will save you a lot of $$ in electricity so I would go with the higher SEER units. The full variable speed airhandlers will remove a LOT more humidity than the basic units as they can be slowed down for better moisture removal and not freezeup and are more comfortable.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Great Thanks!! Guess I'll go with the XC14 over the XC13 since its only 200 more dollars..

·
Hvac Pro
23,688 Posts
Thats a steal or he made a mistake and is cutting himself short, get a signed contract and it's yours for that price. we usually sell it for around $400-500 more. Sounds like you are interested in quality units and I would recommend a 5" pleated filter in the Healthy climate filters boxes, probably need 2 for that size of unit. They breathe a lot better and you get better airflow and they make the units last longer from being cleaner and not having to work so hard. Definitely worth the extra cost and it is not that expensive if you amortize them over 15-20 yrs. Don't sell yourself short. Filters are a minor cost when considering the expense and quality of those units and the price of repairs. Saves $$ in electricity too as they don't have to work so hard.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for your help..Not sure about a steal..Lol That system XC14 cost 5985.00 . He did quote the Aprilaire 2210 Filter system as well...Will that work?
d

·
Hvac Pro
23,688 Posts
Yep. That is a very good pleated filter. Not a bad price for the XC14. My company would sell it for that price too.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Awesome thanks makes me feel much better about purchasing it then..thanks for your help and time.. Now to find a thermostat to match..

·
Hvac Pro
23,688 Posts
DO NOT go with an el cheapo from HDepot etc. The electronics/switches are bad in some of them and will aggravate the circuit board in some units. They should be able to sell you a nice Comfortsense 5000 or 7000 from Lennox ( Most Lennox stats are high grade/high end made by Honeywell for them) and if not I like the White Rodgers True Blue easy reader which they may have also. Only other tstat I use is the Honeywell Focus or Vision Pros. Beware there is contractor quality with a 5 year warranty and built better then the consumer grade tstats you buy at big box stores. Applies to Honeywell etc.

http://www.lennox.com/products/comfort-controls/ComfortSense5000/

http://www.emersonclimate.com/en-US...easyreader_thermostats/Pages/easy-reader.aspx

·
Hvac Pro
23,688 Posts
Reread my updated post above yours.

The Prestige should work but it is expensive. Looks a lot like the IComfort stat for the really high end Lennox Signature units. (Look at the link for Lennox stats I gave you and click on IComfort etc). The dealer should get you a better price than elsewhere as he gets them cheaper directly from Lennox, at least I do. If you like technology and spending $$ go for it. The Comfortsense 7000 has all the features but not the nice blue screens etc. Eye candy for people who like that sort of thing. When it comes to warranty issues it is always better to have matched products from Lennox so some cranky service tech or inexperienced one does not start blaming YOUR tstat for any problems. I would take your extra $$ and invest in a truly variable speed ECM motor. That is really good value for your $$. A tstat just turns the unit on/off but the easy of programming is where the high end ones get better. Most people can follow the directions with the Comfortsense but the Prestige will almost hold your hand and guide you thru it. Depends on what you like.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks.. If I go with the CBX32MV I have to go with the XC13 but noise isnt a problem because where the condenser is located.. I did notice that the cooling btu goes up to 58500 to 59500 vs the XC14 with the CBX32MV which was 56500? Very Weird..

·
Hvac Pro
23,688 Posts
I have never heard of that and cannot find any info about that. With forced air furnaces the higher SEER units have much larger A/evaporator coils but we now have 33" high furnaces to accomdate that. Not sure where you got that info from but I don't match airhandlers to units as my salesguys contact Lennox with that. I doubt there is much difference between 13 to 14 SEER in airhandlers or they would have 20 different models of airhandlers and they don't for cost reasons. The really larger 17 and 21 SEER may need the big 40 airhandler. You can use the IComfort with that airhandler. Where do you live? is it very humid there. Like I said a skilled tech can do wonders with that variable speed airhandler and I would still go with the 14 SEER. Has some extra features, better fan blade, vibration mounting etc which are worth the $$. Hidden info for you.

http://tech.lennoxintl.com/PDFs/ehb_cbx32mv_1103.pdf
http://tech.lennoxintl.com/PDFs/ehb_cbx40uhv_1103.pdf

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Great information about the air handlers..Decisions..Lol. Got it off the AHRI site..Kinda weird..lol

1 - 16 of 16 Posts