DIY Home Improvement Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
hi I been thinking about this project for several months. And i really want to do it. Well I need some ideas or help. I want to put a 24hr white led stripe on the top. lighting down on the items. But would like to know what LED out there come with a small power supply or driver to fit in it. I want it to be compact. Where it easy to find a place to conceal it but same time if the driver goes bad. I can replace. Now just for FYI I not a good a electrical stuff. So i would like something straight to the point. picture would help or links where i can find it my display case i was think was 24 L x 12 H x 10 W.

·
Registered
20 Posts
If you want to do a display case the puck light led is the way to go because it does focused light down on what you want to show case. They have gotten so easy to install and can be a easy as putting in a new light fixture.

I actually just did this for my wife’s “walk in closet. “ my mistake was not having a router on hand to inlay the led strip into the wooden shelf and not having it “tacked on” to the wood. I have to admit that I just surged ahead on this since it was an ikea product but the results are not as bad as I thought. Every LED project is going to have a rectifier to transform the ac to a more manageable current for the LEDs like a modulator. The box can be mounted just about anywhere but out of sight really is perfect. I mounted mine to the side but all the wiring from it I used “P Clips “ to mount the wires to the side of the upper shelf box out the way and neatly. Then it will pass through a switch or right to the LEDs them selves and that depends what package you get. Mine came with a sensor of some type for a remote but my wife automates everything we get so she just went ahead and synced it with Alexa. The light rope is very forgiving when it comes to bending and twisting it which is nice if you want it to get into some tight corners. Some LEDs come in a stand like Christmas lights and be up to you to get the modulator and stuff and wire it to it. This is kind of cool because you can then make it as long or as short as you want it. Have fun with this ! It is really cool effect once you get it right

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts