DIY Home Improvement Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4,072 Posts
I have only worked with larger PVC a couple of times and it is brutal trying to get enough clearance to get the pieces together and to fit up straight, even when you have better access. Especially if you need to do a test fit before gluing and trying to get that apart. One of my very least favorite things to have to do.

If you have the room, I'd use a regular 45 instead of the street fitting.

Yep, it won't be easy. That's about the worst place for a leak, especially working with an angle

·
Registered
4,072 Posts
A keyhole saw might work. You could drill a few holes to get it in there then have at it. Oscillating saw, rotary tool (bigger than Dremel) with a saw blade, or maybe even a small recip saw would also work. You can ty what you have but if you are like me a job like this is always an excuse to buy a new tool. :)

Ok. I’m going to try this. I hope you guys will stay with me to help me through each step where I might need to take a pause. I think the hardest steps will be cutting the oblong hole - I’m guessing it’s time to go buy an oscillating multi-tool. Is there any other tool that you can see working for me here? The only tool I have that seems feasible in this small space is my Dremel
But the blades are not deep enough. But would love any ideas here.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts