DIY Home Improvement Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ive been reading a lot of posts on here the last month or so and figured i would post a question. i'm planning on installing some 22x22 porcelain tile in my kitchen. i have 2x10 joists, 16 OC, 11'4" span and 3/4 OSB tongue and groove. Because of height issues i dont want to add anything to the floor but ditra and tile. I plan to flatten the floor as much as i can before the ditra goes down and im using ditraset to set the tile and the lash system to prevent lippage as i have never worked with tile this large before. anything else i need to consider or be aware of?

Attachments

·
Retired Moderator
25,769 Posts
I checked the deflection chart and you are 618 which is good---With the Lash clips and that large of a tile I think a 1/2x 1/2 trowel is what you want---

I hope you have a bridge saw for those tiles ,it will make you job a lot easier---Mike---

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
thanks for the reply. so other then having to lay those big tile i should be ok with everything else? ive been reading the post on here for a while and picked up on what i needed to do. lot of knoweledgable people on here. I was a plumber for 20 years then switched to trim carpentry. i used to be a jack of all trades and a master plumber. i dont have a bridge saw just a regular wet saw. im hoping the layout works out in my favor.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts