DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
the Musigician
10,404 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
starter strip on, first row on. 30 foot span. how would you vinyl guys do the next row so far as lapping goes? cut the next one in half? 1/3s?

tnkx!

DM

·
Home Performance
1,542 Posts
The stepped method works, but I don't like the appearance. I find the seams much less noticeable when they are random. I make sure they are spaced at least a few feet apart, and I try not to have any seams in the same spot even if it is several courses up. I waste more siding, but it is a nicer appearance.

·
Registered
489 Posts
I do the same, random. I keep the tape in the pouch and keep them at least 2' apart. Don't forget to cut for expansions if you run a cut end in the field.

·
Chicago, IL
1,037 Posts
Also. adjacent pieces should overlap so the the overlapping sections will be closer to end of the wall from which you want the junction to be least visible - makes quite a bit of difference.

Home Inspection: "A business with illogically high liability, slim profit margins and limited economies of scale. An incredibly diverse, multi-disciplined consulting service, delivered under difficult in-field circumstances, before a hostile audience in an impossibly short time frame, requiring the production of an extraordinarily detailed technical report, almost instantly, without benefit of research facilities or resources." - Alan Carson

1 - 5 of 5 Posts