DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
4,070 Posts
Met with Lowes and the installer and they claimed that the house temp.should be around 76 and humidity should be between 35-55.Is this true?Armstrong is not taking the blame on the bad product.

Yes those are optimum numbers for humidity and temp,and i'll bet your house didn't meet either of them,that's their out.

·
Registered
256 Posts
I tried some Toscana 12 laminate , using their "tap and go" system on my rent house last year
worked great , didn't have to use pull bars or worry about damaging the tongue with the tap blocks .
you just tap on the top on it until it locks in place and off you go
I even took out an area , and reinstalled it with no problems

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
re: laminate flooring

Actually bought one of those humidity monitors and the house is at 47%,so I have to let Lowes know that and take it from there.Thanks to everyone.I don't know if I should let them install new planks.The flooring is 12mmand the width is 7.60 inches with the beveled edges.Long plank barrel oak by armstrong.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Armstrong does not sell direct, only thru retailer or dealer. They have a serious lack of quality control, and do not stand behind the product.

This is what Armstrong deems acceptable. My entire batch is more red than the 2 samples. They won't even admit the issue exists. I had to open the boxes to investigate the issue, and the return policy does not accept open boxes. I strongly suggest to stay away from Armstrong Flooring and Bruce hardwood.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
re:laminate flooring issue

Has anyone heard that there has to be more transition strips so the floor stops squeeking?I have the flooring from the master bedroom,study,living room,dining room,kitchen,laundry room,and family room all connected.All the same kind.Any suggestions.I guess they want to put one at the master bedroom door connecting to the living room.Another one between the living room going to the kitchen.Does this make sense or are they just grasping?Thanks.

·
Pro
1,020 Posts
Has anyone heard that there has to be more transition strips so the floor stops squeeking?I have the flooring from the master bedroom,study,living room,dining room,kitchen,laundry room,and family room all connected.All the same kind.Any suggestions.I guess they want to put one at the master bedroom door connecting to the living room.Another one between the living room going to the kitchen.Does this make sense or are they just grasping?Thanks.
It all depends on manufactures of the floor. I've installed entire 2 bedroom with dinning room apartments leaving just kitchen and bath with no transitions and don't have issues to this day. There is a limit for any laminate before you have to put one in.

·
Registered
587 Posts

Yes this makes perfect sense as this is recommended, depending on the length.

jet, get a life, your advice is way off base for a supposed pro....

21 - 29 of 29 Posts