DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I will be installing a glueless laminate floor in my house. The problem comes in where the hall runs a short distance off the living area then then forms a tee with 1 bedroom a short distance and 2 other bedrooms a greater distance in the other direction.
Dilemma; Not matter how I lay the flooring in the living room I am going to wind up with the flooring in one of the halls running crosswise with short lengths of flooring which I don't think looks right OR I will wind up with at least 1 transition strip in the hall, I don't like this option either.
I don't mind putting transition pieces from the hall into the bedrooms but I would rather have a seamless surface throughout the living room and halls.
Any thoughts???
Sorry this is long and somewhat convoluted, any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks, Magnolia

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
To be able to click them together without a transition, you will need to start your rows with the groove side facing towards the hall wall, that way when you get to the smaller hall opening, you can click it to that piece after changing the direction of the lam.
Tough to explain without drawing a pic.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts