DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Kohler steamer in my shower. It malfunctioned. Kohler told me to disconnect it and ship it back to them. I was able to disconnect the wiring and plumbing and ship it back. I took pictures of the wiring, but I lost the pictures:(. Really stupid!

So, I have 4 wires coming in through a conduit from what I think is the 240 VAC source: Black, white, red and uninsulated copper. The steamer has only 3 wires: black, white and green. Can someone advise how to hook this steamer back up? (Incidentally, there is a separate "telephone wire" running into another connection going to the electronic control in the shower).
Please advise and thank you!

·
Registered
5,468 Posts
Sounds like your steamer is 120v.
And your supply is 240v.
But should be no problem
Black to black
White to white
Green to bare copper.

Make sure the breaker is correct for the load.

The un used red wire can just be nutted.
Or you can use the red and white for another
Outlet nearby.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Model # K7PC; 240 V, 37Amp, Phase1
Thanks

19:12
I think I figured this out, but would appreciate confirmation. The white wire coming from the conduit is capped. I therefore will connect
1. black 1 from steamer to red from source.
2. Black 2 from steamer to black from source
3. Green from steamer to uninsulated copper from source.
Right?
thank you!

·
Semi-Pro Electro-Geek
3,403 Posts
Model # K7PC; 240 V, 37Amp, Phase1
Thanks

19:12
I think I figured this out, but would appreciate confirmation. The white wire coming from the conduit is capped. I therefore will connect
1. black 1 from steamer to red from source.
2. Black 2 from steamer to black from source
3. Green from steamer to uninsulated copper from source.
Right?
thank you!
Your original post said the unit had black, white, and green wires. That's why it was assumed that it was a 120V appliance. This post says you have two black wires, no white, and 240V on the nameplate. If that is true, then your connection above is correct. Black and red are 240V, and they connect to the two black wires on the unit. Green and bare are ground.

Reactions: mobleyw
1 - 5 of 5 Posts