DIY Home Improvement Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Electrical Contractor
3,368 Posts
I throw `em away. IF you can find someone willing to pay $$$ for them, let me know, and I'll sell him bunches of `em!!

·
Learning by Doing
3,156 Posts
I'd save a representative example or two. Trash the rest.....

or find a creative way to repurpose them:

- give em to the kids to string into festive christmas garland.

- insert a reed and make a tube whistle. Repeat x10 for a pan-pipe.

- Three words: miniature bowling set.

Reactions: 1910NE

·
Master Electrician
1,453 Posts
They make good pea-shooters :laughing:

·
Learning by Doing
3,156 Posts
epson said:
You can also use them as napkin holders, paper weights, a spool for some string, a plumb bob...
I've got at least two doing duty as plumb bobs.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Knob and tube

That is what I figured. I had to ask cause I hate throwing things away that possibly could be useful to someone. I went on Ebay and one guy is selling one of the insulators for 15 dollars. It has to be a joke. http://cgi.ebay.com/Porcelain-Insul...426?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item483f1b4e42.
The post really cracks me up. He has 3 pictures of a single tube and says it is a antique in perfect condition.lol. Thanks for the post. No pea shooters or bowling alleys for me. Straight to the garbage.

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
That is what I figured. I had to ask cause I hate throwing things away that possibly could be useful to someone. I went on Ebay and one guy is selling one of the insulators for 15 dollars. It has to be a joke. http://cgi.ebay.com/Porcelain-Insul...426?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item483f1b4e42.
The post really cracks me up. He has 3 pictures of a single tube and says it is a antique in perfect condition.lol. Thanks for the post. No pea shooters or bowling alleys for me. Straight to the garbage.
Boy what some people will do or sell for a buck….

·
Registered
95 Posts
If you look up sundial wire they say they will buy the knobs for up to $2 a piece depending on condition. I have never delt with them though.

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
Save them to show your apprentices. And explain to them they used a hand drill to do the whole house. Pass on the History of Electric! I sometimes wonder how many workers fed their family because of stuff thats no longer needed,but needed at the time.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts