DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

Knob and tube switches

400 Views 5 Replies 5 Participants Last post by  rjniles
My old house has extensive K&T that I'm slowly replacing. I'm familiar with new codes, practices, methods etc., But have no experience with k&t. Most of the rooms' light switches have simply two individual black wires coming in. One goes to the top of the switch, one to the bottom. That is all that's in the box. Does this mean the light fixture is getting power first?

Thanks in advance.
1 - 1 of 6 Posts
Most of the time with k&t they feed the neutrals to the lights. Usually they only break the line conductors at the switch.
1 - 1 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.