DIY Home Improvement Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, my dishwasher has been opening mid-cycle. I replaced the strike plate and latch but it is still doing it. What else could the problem be? It is 14 years old in case that matters.
Thank you for your help.

· Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
SOLVED Re: KitchenAid dishwasher KUDS02FRSS1 opens mid-cycle

I decided to check the hinges in case they weren't square anymore. They looked fine, but when I went to clean the bottom of the door I took apart the air inlet from it and it was full of solid crud. It is the grey plastic piece that runs across the bottom of the door, facing the inside...part#8268937 Once I cleaned it all up and installed it back I've had no more issues. It's only been about 4 cycles but I am pretty sure that was it. I assume it was building up pressure and eventually was too much for the door.
If any of you have this problem take a look at that first. I wasted $70 on the strike plate and latch. Good luck.

From the Sears site...

"This manufacturer-approved air inlet (part number 8268937) for Kenmore dishwasher model 665110739120 is a slotted plastic strip that mounts between the outer door panel and the toe panel to allow air to flow into and out of the wash tub while the machine is running
Genuine Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) parts! This manufacturer-approved air inlet (part number 8268937) for Kenmore dishwasher model 665110739120 is a slotted plastic strip that mounts between the outer door panel and the toe panel to allow air to flow into and out of the wash tub while the machine is running. Shut off the circuit breaker for the dishwasher before beginning to attach the replacement air inlet.Making the repair requires taking out the screws that hold the inner and outer door panels together, then taking out the screws that secure the existing air inlet."

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.