DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

Kitchen light lenses? Help!

1061 Views 6 Replies 4 Participants Last post by  Oso954
Ok, so I have this custom light fixture in my kitchen, and the lens covers are all discolored and/or cracked. I have looked for this material or something like it at all the big home improvement stores, and I can't find it. Nobody that works there can understand what I'm talking about because I don't know what they are actually called! :surprise: I assume I would buy this stuff in sheets and cut it out? Can someone link me to, or tell me where I might find this stuff?! Thanks so much!
1 - 2 of 7 Posts
Those look like standard lighting panels for a dropped ceiling. You can get them at most home improvement stores. There are a number of patterns available. Yours look like the "cracked ice" panels.
There are 2 different sizes of the diffusers out there. The drop ceiling diffusers which are 1/4 less than 24x48. The diffusers for Metalux Troffer fixtures are a little short of 22x46.

I've seen the two sizes intermixed on the shelf and the wrong diffuser over the the shelf label, so it helps to carry a tape measure.
1 - 2 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.