DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2 yr. old Rohl kitchen faucet was making knocking sound when I turned it on, and was told by the company that the cartridge needed to be changed.

Removing the old cartridge was so difficult and stuck in so tight..only removed part of it. I was advised to pour 1/2 water and 1/2 vinegar to dissolve calcium deposits and to chisel or use screwdriver to remove it the rest. The original cartridge was a vacuum breaker unit.

Because I had to chisel it out there were many small bits of plastic and did my best to remove them from the opening holes on the mounting plate.

The new one to replace this model was different and it was called a brass sleeve non-vacuum breaker unit.

After following their instructions for installing the new cartridge, when the water was turned the pressure is low.....so low that pushing down for sprayer wouldn't engage.

I did remove cartridge twice and turn on both cold and hot water to see if any bits of plastic may be lodged, but nothing came out. I'm using it, but the pressure is low. The hot and cold is turned all the way open and it's still low.

Any other options to try?:confused1:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
It is the correct cartridge, that was my first thought also. I contacted the company and was advised to remove the cartridge and disconnect the lines from the hot and cold connections under the sink.

For 30 seconds pour water down and allow it to run into a bucket to dislodge any debris.

Another idea mentioned was to use an air compressor hose and blow into the lines to dislodge any debris.

Haven't tried these yet, but will give it a go this weekend.

I did remove the aerator and there was debris in it. This is a great tip.

It still has low water pressure and hopefully it'll get fixed this weekend

.......at least I can use my sink for now :whistling2:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It's FIXED! After a couple more attempts, the lesson learned from this is that you need to check every part to be sure that it is free and clear of any debris.

After flushing the hot and cold tubings, checked aerator.......another suggestion was to check the pull out spray hose and disconnect and flush out the hose and the copper tubing. There was a great deal of debris in the copper tubing and after connecting everything back......................:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup: it worked and the water pressure is back to normal.

So always check all hoses, aerators to be sure it is clear. :party:
 
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Top