DIY Home Improvement Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12,162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So as followup to my http://www.diychatroom.com/f7/milky-white-tap-water-404721/ issue, I cleaned out my faucet aerator.

It was pretty clean, but I found that there were three metals screens in there. Is multiple screens in the aerator a common feature?

This is a very nice pull-down faucet that I received as a gift, but it is made in China and there are no instructions or specs about the aerator.

Thoughts?

·
Registered
7,850 Posts
Last time I looked almost everything was made in china. What's the brand? Even made in china the brand should be calling the specs. If multiple screens, maybe a cheap way of breaking up the flow instead of using the usual plastic things.
I just replaced the kitchen faucet, american standard goose neck pull down. I removed the restrictor, gone in a trash, and wish I hadn't. House pressure isn't that high.

·
Registered
12,162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Last time I looked almost everything was made in china. What's the brand? Even made in china the brand should be calling the specs. If multiple screens, maybe a cheap way of breaking up the flow instead of using the usual plastic things.
I just replaced the kitchen faucet, american standard goose neck pull down. I removed the restrictor, gone in a trash, and wish I hadn't. House pressure isn't that high.
Hardware House brand. Don't know if my sister bought it at Houzz, but here it is.

http://www.houzz.com/photos/8428634...Pull-Out-Sprayer-contemporary-kitchen-faucets

·
Household Handyman
2,480 Posts
Yes ZZZZZ, some faucet aerators have multiple screens. I have found as many as three (3) screens in one aerator. I have also noticed that the screens are put together on a 45 degree pattern. The second one goes 45 degrees to the first and the third goes 45 to the second which puts the third the same as the first one. Must have something to do with aerating the water.

·
Registered
12,162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes ZZZZZ, some faucet aerators have multiple screens. I have found as many as three (3) screens in one aerator. I have also noticed that the screens are put together on a 45 degree pattern. The second one goes 45 degrees to the first and the third goes 45 to the second which puts the third the same as the first one. Must have something to do with aerating the water.
Thanks, I didn't notice the alignment of the screens when I took it apart, as I kind of fumbled the pieces when I opened it up. I will take it apart again and line up the screens as you suggest.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.