DIY Home Improvement Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Professional Wood Shafter
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Mount counter plugs Horizontal or Vertical in the kitchen? No backsplash. For some reason i like the look of hoizontal :huh:

·
Registered
2,294 Posts
Knock yourself out :thumbup:

Put them @ 45 degrees if you want.

I prefer double duplex in the kitchen so it doesn't apply.

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
Horizontal is ok - I just put one this way in my island. Sometimes, for example with a multi-level island, there is not enough and the outlet(s) have to go horizontally.

·
Remodeler
215 Posts
Agreed, it is all personal preferences. Just like some people feel very strongly that when putting outlets vertical, the ground should be up (ie so the outlet looks upside down) while others say it should go with the ground facing down. I personally like the traditional look of vertical with the grounds down, but I understand the supposed improved safety of putting the grounds up...I just don't like the way it looks.

·
Registered
5,070 Posts
Agreed, it is all personal preferences. Just like some people feel very strongly that when putting outlets vertical, the ground should be up (ie so the outlet looks upside down) while others say it should go with the ground facing down. I personally like the traditional look of vertical with the grounds down, but I understand the supposed improved safety of putting the grounds up...I just don't like the way it looks.
This is one topic that should be put to rest right now. It does not matter. :laughing:

·
Banned
17,248 Posts
I like vertical
I was thinking this was going to be about ground plug slot at the top or bottom
But with longer horizontal subway tiles mounting the horizontal might look better
I guess you'd need a stud running horizontal to attach them
So vertical is easier

What is "hoizontal" ? :)

·
DIY'r
523 Posts
What is "hoizontal" ? :)
That's how "Yoyizit" mounts them.. :laughing:

They could use old work boxes for the horizontal mount.. or just drive screws through a plastic box all willy-nilly. :whistling2:

200/221 said:
Put them @ 45 degrees if you want.
I'm definitely doing that somewhere in my house... You know, just to confuse the next guy.

·
Banned
17,248 Posts
45 degrees, now THAT would be funny!!
Don't give me any ideas

Is there any code that says you can't do that?
As long as it is attached correctly ?

Does a switch have to face a certain way at all?
I'd think not since 3-way switches can turn off/on either way

1 - 9 of 9 Posts