DIY Home Improvement Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

My wife and I have been going through the process of updating our house a bit, and what we currently have in the kitchen is pretty nice, but a little old/tire looking. We're looking to spruce up the overall colors in the kitchen a bit (nothing bold), but are having a hard time with choosing a color with the tile and counter top colors. We were thinking of a light gray, but with a very subtle hint of brown. Anyways, here are some pictures. Any suggestions would be welcome!

Thanks

Attachments

·
Hammered Thumb
3,991 Posts
Colors are subjective but trendy. The only paint color that is universal and timeless is white. It goes with anything, makes wall color, floors, backsplash, and accessories pop, whether warm or cool hues. Compliments a house's millwork. Can vary with off-whites or distressing. Much easier to change wall and accessory colors than the cabinets every 5 years.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Colors are a pretty hard thing to get set on a home. With our new home we went kinda crazy... I love them though. They are bright! Teal... with butcher block tops. Wall is “country white” to tone it down a bit. Floors are dark wood. Pops nice. Check it out!

The more beer I drink the straighter my cuts become

·
Premium Member
8,029 Posts
I like that kitchen and I like the bold look of @taylorfain2009's teal cabinets!!!

The one problem I see with the monochromatic look of the OP's (TRD's) kitchen is that the beautiful tile work is hardly noticed at all. White, or an off white, would make the tile pop a bit more. You might also consider doing the uppers and lowers in DIFFERENT colors. That's a trend that has been going on for the last 5 years.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I like that kitchen and I like the bold look of @taylorfain2009's teal cabinets!!!

The one problem I see with the monochromatic look of the OP's (TRD's) kitchen is that the beautiful tile work is hardly noticed at all. White, or an off white, would make the tile pop a bit more. You might also consider doing the uppers and lowers in DIFFERENT colors. That's a trend that has been going on for the last 5 years.
Different colors for the uppers and lowers is a really good idea! Maybe I'll start looking at options here.

You have good calm colors, I don't think that changing to completely different will not be good enought
I loved the colors at first, but I'm just getting that itch to change something. We'll see!

Not a fan of all the raised cabinetry...just collects dust and looks dingy. And the cabinet color already just looks dingy IMO.
Not sure how this really helps in relation to my question, but okay?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.