DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
JOATMON
15,259 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife complains I always start a new project before finishing other ones. I see it as more opportunities to multitask.

Actually, the front reface of the house is one of the last things. And out old kitchen window was killing me. It's the last original window....AL frame...

So the plan was, in addition to the front re-face, to replace the kitchen window with a bay window to replicate the look of our main bay window.

I ordered the window pieces separately. The didn't make a bay/garden window the size or shape I wanted. The front window is 42"H x 32"W. The side windows are casement (which means I can crank them open)...17"W x 42"H.
Fiberglass outside, vinyl inside. Low E...Argon...etc, etc.$1000.

Part of this project was to also repair any termite damage, remove the old plumbing for the now moved washing machine....move some outlets...and just general cleanup.

I made my window frame....and fell in love with construction screws. Almost the same cost as regular screws...but use a thorx bit...much better.

Now that I have the windows in, I can build my new kitchen counter top with its new copper farm house sink....then get the granite guy in. The granite is going to go into the bay window for one continuous surface.

Was working late into the night last night.....sorry about the noise dear neighbors

Attachments

·
JOATMON
15,259 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
And the rest of the pics....

The view to outside is outstanding. I guess we now have to stop going to the kitchen naked.

Attachments

·
JOATMON
15,259 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So far so good! I'm really curious to see the granite in the bay.
So am I......but I've got to build the new lower cabinet first.....and I'm waiting on the copper farmhouse sink to arrive.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts