DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Our dishwasher did not drain, so we took out the racks and spray plumbing and bottom cover inside and cleaned out the paper and or fat or whatever that was. I vacuumed out the water and sucked out from the inside by blocking air, forcing it to suck from the plumbing in the bottom. We did not pull out the dishwasher, I read somewhere the pumps are not serviceable.

Now the dishwasher operates okay, but makes a noise, sounds like, in the pump(s) even with the spray stuff removed from the inside.

Ideas? I was thinking maybe force sucking from the pumps could have damaged something?

·
Registered
597 Posts
Sounds like a hard object is blocking the pump.....like piece of broken glass.

Your back pumping just moved it around and now it is making the noise when the pump runs.

·
Registered
240 Posts
I think you are going to have to pull out the dishwasher for further examination. Your problem sounds like an internal drain pump problem. After removing the pump, you may get lucky and find something (clogging) in the drain pump assembly (housing).

If not, you can replace the pump for under $60, assuming you can do the work. It is a pretty simple procedure, depending on your skill level.

Here is a helpful video:

http://fast.wistia.net/embed/iframe/k0u9r21fkr?controlsVisibleOnLoad=true&version=v1&videoHeight=240&videoWidth=330&volumeControl=true&autoPlay=true

1 - 6 of 6 Posts