DIY Home Improvement Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So we were thinking about building my daughter a bed that would be integrated into her existing window seat. The bed would be a low platform style bed mounted to the front of her window seat, so that the top of the mattress will still be roughly 8 inches below the top of the seat (12 inched including the window seat cushion). Doing this would allow the most floor space, while centering the room around both her window seat and bed. It's unconventional, I'll give you that… but I just can't help but to think it looks cool and fun! I plan on putting a light switch on the wall next to her bed, tapping into the existing outlet. I'll have to get creative in finding bedside counter/nightstand solutions. She'll grow out of this, I'm sure, but for now and 11 yr old and her 6 yr old little sister would love it. Hopefully the image I attached of the rendering works. I can't find any images online supporting this, so I don't know if this has ever been done as a practical kid's room design. Any thoughts?

Attachments

·
Registered
2,915 Posts
it would certainly be cool for the girls. one thing to consider with a "window seat" type setup, especially with a bed is if they should be bouncing on the bed and wall against the window it may break if it is not safety glass. This could cause serious injury.

just thought I should mention it.

good luck!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.