DIY Home Improvement Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a kenmore top freezer refrigerator. The freezer is working fine.
The refrigerator is cool but not cold by any means. I have cleaned the coils. There was frost on the back of the freezer so I unplugged it for
several hours....still not cold in refrigerator part. I was thinking it must
be the evaporator fan motor because there does not seem to be any
air flowing into the refrigerator part. However, one post describes
a similar problem and says it was the defrost thermostat. How do I determine which part I need? Thank you......

·
the Musigician
10,404 Posts
I moved this to it's own new thread. You'll get better responses this way.
Did you read and try the things posted in the other thread?
The first thing I would check is the fan, be sure it's rotating full force.

DM

·
#1 HAWKEYE FAN
1,903 Posts
frost build up on the freezer evap coils will cause this problem. You need to pull the cover off the back of the frezzer and see if it is built up, that way you can also verify if your evap fan motor is running also. By unplugging it for a few hours would not have been long enough to melt all the build up, and that would only be a temporary solution anyway.

·
Registered
584 Posts
I have a kenmore top freezer refrigerator. The freezer is working fine.
The refrigerator is cool but not cold by any means. I have cleaned the coils. There was frost on the back of the freezer so I unplugged it for
several hours....still not cold in refrigerator part. I was thinking it must
be the evaporator fan motor because there does not seem to be any
air flowing into the refrigerator part. However, one post describes
a similar problem and says it was the defrost thermostat. How do I determine which part I need? Thank you......
I belive you said you cleaned the coil's? You must have taken the back plate off from inside of the freezer? Was it froze solid? Did the little motor run?? that is what move's cold air down to the ref. part. If froze use a hair dryer. If the frezer is working and stuff is froze solid and hard than the motor must not be running ? good luck

1 - 4 of 4 Posts